5 Benefits of Medical Weight Loss
As obesity is increasing in the USA, with 1 in 3 adults affected. Many people are choosing various ways to lose weight.
Among them, medical weight loss has risen as the most effective and helpful way of losing weight. It is not just a regular diet or weight-loss program. It’s a comprehensive approach to losing weight and maintaining health.
Medical weight loss is when doctors and experts monitor and guide your journey to lose weight. They ensure it is safe and personalized and deal with health problems that might make weight loss hard or cause other health issues.
At the weight loss management clinic, we offer medical weight loss services. Our team of health experts helps you lose weight and provides guidance. It makes your weight loss journey effective and tailored.
How is Medical Weight Loss Better Than Conventional Treatments?
Medical weight loss is when a healthcare professional helps you lose weight. It varies from other popular diets you might see in many ways.
- First, it involves checking everything about your health—how you’re doing physically, what you eat, and your exercise habits. It creates a plan for you that tackles the reasons you gained weight.
- This plan includes advice on eating, exercise, and sometimes weight loss medications or supplements. It ensures your weight loss is healthy and you stay on it long-term.
- You have regular meetings with the medical team during the weight loss program. They monitor how well you’re doing, adjust your plan as needed, and help you handle any issues or side effects. This constant support keeps you on track and motivated to reach your weight loss goals.
Related, How does medical weight loss work?
1. Supervised by Medical Professionals
When you lose weight under supervision of a healthcare provider, you get better health outcomes as your health is their primary focus. Here’s how a medically supervised weight loss program supports you:
Check Your Health History
In a medical weight loss program, doctors review your medical, nutritional, and health records before you start your weight loss journey. They also check for problems, such as thyroid disorders, that need addressing.
Monitor Vital Signs
They monitor necessary health measures, such as blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure. They also assess your previous diet, exercise plan, and medications.
Guidance and Support
They help you stay on track by giving you advice and support as you try to lose weight.
Recommend Additional Steps
If other methods don’t work, they may suggest supplements, weight loss drugs (if your BMI exceeds 27), or bariatric surgery. It is especially effective in cases of severe or extreme obesity.
By working with these experts, you start your weight loss journey with safety in mind, which aims for lasting results.
2. Personalized Plan
In medical weight loss programs, doctors make a plan just for you. They look at what you like, your health issues, and what’s best for you.
- For example, if you have PCOS or diabetes, they suggest a diet that fits you. Your doctor also tells you to eat less salt if you have heart disease or high blood pressure.
- They also address your fitness level and any injuries. If you don’t like the gym, they start with easy at home exercises or walking. They also teach you daily lifestyle changes such as eating mindfully, managing stress, and sleeping well.
- They pick what works for you and your life.
Doing weight loss with expert guidance helps you stick to the plan and lose weight better than following a general diet.
3. Long-term Results
Medical weight loss programs work better for long-term weight loss than extreme diets or commercial agendas. Close medical supervision, personalized lifestyle changes, and education contribute to better results.
- A doctor can help you prevent nutrient deficiencies and dehydration by identifying the root cause of them. It enables you to follow your weight loss plan for months without hurting your health.
- Custom fitness plans and coaching for home workouts ensure ongoing success beyond weight loss programs.
- Learning to eat well, controlling emotional eating, and building self-confidence gives you lifelong skills. These skills help you maintain your goal weight without regaining it.
In a study, 66% of people in medical weight loss programs maintained over 10% of their weight loss. It is in comparison to only 31% of people in commercial programs. The support system in medical programs makes it easier to maintain weight loss.
4. Comprehensive Approach
Medical weight loss takes a comprehensive approach that involves different aspects:
You receive customized meal plans for your health and food choices. It might include using special meals or having them delivered to you.
In medical weight loss, experts help you slowly add more physical activity to your routine. It includes both cardio (like walking) and strength training. They might also use fitness trackers to keep track of your progress.
Medical weight loss works on managing stress, getting good sleep and paying attention to what you eat. Sometimes, doctors suggest medicine or surgery to assist with losing weight when necessary.
Careful medical guidance is essential for this, which you can avail by opting for a medical weight loss. This approach looks at the different reasons you have weight gain and tackles it for the best results.
5. Addresses Underlying Health Issues
Working with medical teams in weight loss programs can help with health issues related to obesity. For instance:
Medical weight loss aims to fix all the underlying conditions in the body that make hurdles in regular weight loss. According to a study, when people lost weight with the help of a doctor, 78% of them had a better chance of getting pregnant than when they did it on their own (55%).
72% of people in medical weight loss programs decreased their diabetes medications, compared to only 22% in commercial programs. The results came because of managing insulin resistance via medical weight loss.
Medical weight loss improves health by reducing weight. It also helps with conditions such as sleep apnea, joint pain, hypertension, and high triglycerides. It means it helps to reduce the burden of obesity-related medical conditions.
Medical weight loss programs provide food advice, fitness plans, and sometimes medicine. They are all designed to assist with health problems and support your overall health goals.
Want to Lose Weight and Feel Better?
Our medical weight loss center, New Jersey is here for you! Get in touch with us right away to start your path to health!Schedule an Appointment
Medical Weight Loss: A Worthwhile Investment for Health
Medical weight loss helps people lose weight healthily with personalized plans from healthcare professionals. Experts designed these plans to be effective for the long term, focusing on improving health.
Personalized programs are better because they give individual attention and guidance. Addressing the medical side of things sets people up for overall wellness. Despite challenges, the benefits of having medical support make this journey worthwhile and a good investment.